- Piave DOP: Piave cheese is born from the cheese making traditions of the land surrounding the ancient river, in which the curd is cooked and the cheese is aged until it is hard. The area surrounding the river is also where the milk is collected to produce Piave. The cheese has an intense, full-bodied flavor that increases with age and makes this cheese absolutely unique. (7.5 oz)
- Taleggio DOP: The softest, creamiest member of the famous Italian Stracchino cheeses, Taleggio was first made in the valley of the same name, located in the historic province of Bergamo. Taleggio made its debut in the international cheese markets after World War I, around the same time as its cousin Bel Paese. Its rough, rosy crust (inedible), pale yellow interior, and rich and buttery, fruity, slightly salty flavor are what give Taleggio its individuality. Taleggio's soft, incredibly flavorful interior is creamy in texture and has a pungent aroma. (7.5 oz)
- Pecorino Sardo Maturo DOP: Pecorino Sardo Maturo DOP by Ferruccio Podda is an aged pecorino made in Sesta, just north of Cagliari in Sardinia. As pecorino ages, the flavors becomes bolder, richer with fruity notes with a distinctive sheepy, tangy finish. Perfect as a table cheese, mature pecorino is also great for grating. (7.5 oz)
- Parmigiano Reggiano DOP Vacche Rosse: This "Red Cow" Reggiano variety tastes like the Parmigiano Reggiano of yesteryear. The milk of the red cows is characterized by a higher butterfat content and contains more proteins. This combination allows for the production of a cheese that is better suited for a longer period of aging, requiring a minimum of 30 months, compared to the 24 month aging period of most other Parmigiano Reggianos. Its unique nutty, fruity, grassy flavor is richer than most Reggianos and its texture is somehow creamier, even though it is aged for a much longer time. (7.5 oz)
- Please Note: Any item temporarily out of stock will be substituted with a similar item of equal or greater value.
People who purchased this also purchased
How We Ship
Perishable foods are optimally packed and temperature controlled with kraft void fill and non-toxic refrigerant gel packs. To further contain temperature escalation, we fill any empty space with specialized foam to minimize air circulation.
Please join our efforts to be mindful of our environment and extend the life-cycle of our packaging, by reusing the gel packs to keep your next picnic or road trip fare cool.
Please note: Our products are always shipped so they will arrive at your door in optimal condition. Whenever possible - such as in periods of cooler ambient temperatures - we try to use less packaging , more recyclable materials and avoid unnecessary shipping waste.