La Champagne is a region of timeless natural beauty. The name derives from the Latin 'campus', 'campania', or field. In Old French this became 'Champaign'. Today, it's Champagne. From the very outset, the wines of Champagne were prized above all the vineyards of Europe. Over 24 million bottles are sold in the U.S. every year. Here are a few cheeses we enjoy with champagne:
- Chevre: A classic spreadable goat cheese, dstinguished by a simple, mild, fresh goat's milk flavor to complement a sweet, fruity champagne. (3 oz)
- Fromage d’Affinois: This luscious, double creme cheese comes from the Pilat Regional Park in France's Rhone-Alpes. Rich, creamy, and gooey, it’s excellent with crisp champagne paired with apples, grapes, and walnuts. (7.5 oz)
- Camembert: The most famous cheese from Normandy, it has a white mold rind and a rich, creamy interior that pairs delightfully with fine Champagne. (8.8 oz)
- British Cheddar: Our Cheddar is aged for over 10 months and has a creamy yet crumbly texture with a tangy, grassy flavor. A perfect balance with bubbles with a touch of acidity. (7.5 oz)
- Carr's Water Crackers: Perfect for serving with cheeses, fruit, and spreads when entertaining. (2.2 oz)
- Gift Presentation: Packed in an igourmet signature gift box.
Champagne not included.
Please note that any item temporarily out of stock will be substituted with a similar item of equal value.
People who purchased this also purchased
How We Ship
Our products are always shipped so they will arrive at your door in optimal condition! We’ve carefully selected packaging options that have minimal impact on the environment without compromising on food safety or quality.
For perishable orders, we line our shipping boxes with Tempguard - a unique, padded insulator made of 100% pre-consumer recycled paper material. We further control the temperature with recycled kraft paper fill and non-toxic frozen gel packs. In the summer months, we may include dry ice to ensure fresh delivery in very hot weather.
Note: Please join our efforts to be mindful of our environment and extend the life-cycle of our packaging, by recycling your shipping box, Tempguard liner, and kraft fill (all 100% curbside recyclable!). Store the gel packs in your freezer and reuse to keep your next picnic or road trip fare cool.