Baix Emporda is within the province of Girona on the Costa Brava, situated at the northern-most-point of Catalonia in Spain. This enchanting area has been the home of artists, poets and chefs, including groundbreaking chef, Ferran Adria. This is where Can Bech produces their fresh and flavorful line of Signature Pairings for Cheese. Fruits reach Can Bech following their seasonality and at their optimum ripeness. They follow their traditional recipe, carefully cooking the fruit in pots, and keeping it only in a water bath. Far from obscuring the taste of the cheese, the aim is to enhance its organoleptic properties and create a flow of perfectly balanced olfactory and gustative sensations.
Available in 6 flavors. Varieties sold separately.
- Raspberries: Complements fresh and soft cheeses, such as Mozzarella, Ricotta, Feta, Mascarpone, Cabecou, Cottage, Panela‚Ä¶the combination of raspberries, the perfume of rose petals and the personality of Szechuan pepper, added in just the right measure, results in a fine and delicate fusion.
- Black Figs: Complements Blue cheeses such as Roquefort, Gorgonzola, Stilton, Valdeon, Cabrales, Bleu d'Auvergne...The density of ripe figs, with just the right amount of sugar to avoid an overpowering sweetness, combines perfectly with blue cheeses. Added to this is the lightly roasted touch of macadamia nuts, and the spicy contrast of Jamaican allspice, which, far from separating the combination of flavors, acts as a link, bringing together all these lingering tastes.
- Apple: Complements all types of hard cheeses such as Parmesan, Gruyere, Manchego, Gouda, Idiazabal, Pecorino Romano...Can Bech has created a sweet sauce reminiscent of baked apples that stands up to a cured cheese without overpowering the subtle aromas of a young cheese. They have caramelized the apple in small cubes and combined these with tender pistachios from Turkey and the ethereal aroma of cinnamon from Sri Lanka.
- Grape: Complements washed rind cheeses such as Reblochon, Taleggio, Pont l'Eveque, Livarot, Maroilles, Munster, Langres... This fresh sauce with a crunchy texture pairs ideally with the rich aroma of washed rind cheese. To pair them with, Can Bech have created a sweet sauce that breaks up the cheese‚Äôs particular strong lactic aromas by adding sweet black grapes. Sliced almonds from Mallorca provide a touch of crunchiness.
- Peach: Complements bloomy, soft ripened cheeses such as Brie, Camembert, Brillat-Savarin, Chaource, Saint-Marcellin... Slightly sweet with a citrus note. A perfect counterpoint for soft ripened cheese. Can Bech searched for two textures very similar to those of vineyard peaches and apricots, subtly sweet but highly aromatic. The addition of Goji berries provide just the right touch of sweetness. The finishing touch is provided by the perfume of the Guatamalan cardamom.
- Quince: This is the Just for Cheese sauce to combine with all types of cheese. Mixed with fresh quince, slowly ripened at its optimum point of ripeness, which provides the natural sweetness of the fruit and an intense flavor. The quince gives this sauce a very succulent and unctuous texture, which, when combined with Madagascar vanilla and paired with cheese, provides a very smooth and pleasant mouthfeel.
Nutritional information coming soon!
Shipping InformationPlease allow 1-3 business days to process your order.
Available shipping options are determined by the perishability of the product/s in your order. View Shipping Rates & Fees.
Please note that we do not ship perishable food items to APO/FPO addresses as these areas are served by the U.S. Postal Service and an exact delivery date is not guaranteed.
Refunds & ExchangesAt igourmet, we take great pride in the high-quality of our products. We strive to ensure they'll arrive to you in peak condition, as fresh and delicious as when they leave our warehouse. While we always endeavor to deliver the best of the best, there are times where "things happen" and a claim for a refund or exchange needs to be made. Please refer to our Claim Policies.
People who purchased this also purchased
How We Ship
Our products are always shipped so they will arrive at your door in optimal condition! We’ve carefully selected packaging options that have minimal impact on the environment without compromising on food safety or quality.
For perishable orders, we line our shipping boxes with Tempguard - a unique, padded insulator made of 100% pre-consumer recycled paper material. We further control the temperature with recycled kraft paper fill and non-toxic frozen gel packs. In the summer months, we may include dry ice to ensure fresh delivery in very hot weather.
Note: Please join our efforts to be mindful of our environment and extend the life-cycle of our packaging, by recycling your shipping box, Tempguard liner, and kraft fill (all 100% curbside recyclable!). Store the gel packs in your freezer and reuse to keep your next picnic or road trip fare cool.