- Chinese Black Rice: Chinese Black Rice is a medium grain Rice with a high gluten content making it perfect for both sweet and savory dishes. It is also known as Chinese Forbidden Black Rice. Chinese Black Rice is deep black in color prior to cooking and becomes a beautiful deep dark purple color after cooking. This rice has a sweet flavor and a wonderful sticky texture. Traditionally served in Taiwan and mainland China as a dessert ingredient, in the West, black rice is most often found served with main courses. Use Black Rice alone or mix with White Rice for color and texture in stuffings, desserts, rice molds, pudding and rice balls. (5 lbs)
- Black Turtle Beans: Black Turtle Beans are slightly sweet in taste and have a soft, creamy texture. They’re a staple in a wide variety of cuisines throughout Latin America, Mexico and the Caribbean. These delicious, earthy beans are also popular in Creole and Cajun cuisines. They make wonderful refried beans, black bean soup and can be incorporated into Mexican dishes like burritos and enchiladas. Black Turtle Beans are cholesterol-free, low in fat and an excellent source of fiber and iron. (5 lbs)
- Cranberry Borlotti Beans : Cranberry Borlotti Beans are slightly sweet tasting, with a smooth, even texture and add wonderful color to dishes, with a coffee-with-cream colored shell, streaked with beet-red striations. They are used in pasta dishes and soups. Add them to rice dishes, stews, casseroles, cold bean and vegetable salads. These dried beans easily reconstitute in water overnight, or in a pressure cooker. Try simmering these beans in broth with herbs, seasonal vegetables, and top with veal paillards. (5 lbs)
- Garbanzo Beans: Garbanzo Beans, also known as Chickpeas, are small, beige legumes that are well known as a key ingredient in hummus, falafel and many curries. They add a delicious buttery texture, nut-like taste and dense nutritional content. Once cooked, dried garbanzo beans are great roasted in the oven with a drizzle of olive oil for a nutritious snack. They are also a very popular ingredient in Indian and Mediterranean dishes. (5 lbs)
- Golden Lentils : Golden Lentils are small firm, golden Lentils that are rounder in shape than many other types of lentils, with a mild, earthly flavor and soft texture. Lentils have been eaten for over 8,000 years and originated in Southwestern Masa along the Indus River. They are a staple food for many South Asian cultures. The quick cooking and nutritious nature of lentils make them an obvious choice for hearty soups and the classic Indian cuisine’s, dal. (5 lbs)
People who purchased this also purchased
How We Ship
Perishable foods are optimally packed and temperature controlled with kraft void fill and non-toxic refrigerant gel packs. To further contain temperature escalation, we fill any empty space with specialized foam to minimize air circulation.
Please join our efforts to be mindful of our environment and extend the life-cycle of our packaging, by reusing the gel packs to keep your next picnic or road trip fare cool.
Please note: Our products are always shipped so they will arrive at your door in optimal condition. Whenever possible - such as in periods of cooler ambient temperatures - we try to use less packaging , more recyclable materials and avoid unnecessary shipping waste.