New Zealand Venison is rich in iron and low in fat, making it an ideal meat to include as part of a balanced diet. Venison is packed with many nutrients required for good health such as iron, zinc and a number of B vitamins including B-12, which is why it is called a nutrient dense food. Red meat is one of the best sources of easily absorbable iron. Venison contains more iron than any other meat, including more iron than beef and lamb.
How to Cook
- Remove the venison and/or elk from the packaging and allow it to breathe. The mild odor is natural and will dispel in minutes, and the meat will regain its rosy red hue.
- Always pre-heat the cooking surface. Venison should be cooked fast over high heat due to its low fat content. Brush or spray the grill or pan with oil before cooking; the added fat helps prevent sticking and drying out.
- Serve medium rare to medium for optimum flavor and texture.
- Durham Ranch Venison needs no marinating; it benefits from having its delicate flavors enhanced with seasonings, so marinate only if you want flavor variety.
- Because of its high protein and low fat levels, venison will continue to cook for a while after it is removed from the heat. Allow the meat to rest for 5 to 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
Product ships frozen. Please freeze or refrigerate upon receipt.
* This label info was entered by hand from the actual product itself. We do not take responsibility for transcription errors or changes made by the manufacturer after the date we entered the data.
People who purchased this also purchased
How We Ship
Perishable foods are optimally packed and temperature controlled with kraft void fill and non-toxic refrigerant gel packs. To further contain temperature escalation, we fill any empty space with specialized foam to minimize air circulation.
Please join our efforts to be mindful of our environment and extend the life-cycle of our packaging, by reusing the gel packs to keep your next picnic or road trip fare cool.
Please note: Our products are always shipped so they will arrive at your door in optimal condition. Whenever possible - such as in periods of cooler ambient temperatures - we try to use less packaging , more recyclable materials and avoid unnecessary shipping waste.